Monday, June 27, 2005

Gettin' Started

We got started by getting up at 6:30 AM and making the last things fit into the car. More in the back seat than wanted but we got it all in and headed out the drive way at 8 AM. Had to gas the truck and then headed down RT 6 toward Hartford where we connected to I-84 and I followed Mom into NY onto I-684 and onto a number of side roads right past Junetta’s work place. Due to a “horse paddock” that only Junetta knew was there we had to call for directions and she had to come get us in the golf cart. We had a few bad minutes with the two adults being out of sorts and Junetta coming to the rescue with a water closet, a little fruit and directions back out to the highway and on our way by 11 AM.

We traveled back on I-684 to I-278 across the Tappen Zee Bridge to the NJ Garden State turnpike to where we caught I-80. The Garden State cost .70 Cents and to get into Delaware they wanted another .75 cents. We stayed on I-80 until we got to Rt-220 and down to I-99. We had lunch in Strousberg, Pa. , then we stopped after 455 miles in Altonna Pa., for the night at about 6:30 PM. The Day Inn had a phone connection that made it impossible to get on line, so we make notes tonight and see what tomorrow brings. Being disconnected for a day will be hard but when I get to the Camp it will be for a week so I guess I need to wean myself now for a happier five weeks.

Mom is watching Nanny 911 and learning how to get me to throw way my broken toys and clean my own room while being able to dress myself without her help. This may all have worked but soon getting my own buttons done again will be harder so she is studying up now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home